To fully enjoy glowing skin, it is important to give your skin the care it needs. One facial in your life is not enough to keep your skin happy.
Facials are a popular skincare treatment that involves cleansing, exfoliating and nourishing the skin. Facials can be customized to address your specific skin concern, such as acne/clogged pores, dry /dull skin, and even hyperpigmentation.
Regular facials can provide numerous benefits for your skin’s health and appearance.
- Deep Cleansing of the skin: helps to remove dirt, oil and other impurities that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Deep cleansing of the skin can also help to prevent acne and other skin issues.
- Exfoliation of the skin: helps to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. Exfoliation also helps to improve the texture and tone, resulting in brighter and more youthful skin. Who doesn’t want that!!
- Hydration of the skin: helps to nourish and moisturize the skin. Adding hydration to the skin by use of masks and or serums reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving the skin looking plump and radiant.
- Circulation: Massage and other techniques used during a facial help to improve circulation of the skin, that helps promote healing and reducing inflammation.
- Customizing: facials can be customized to address your specific skin concerns. Customizing facials helps to target issues such as acne, clogged pores, aging, and texture to provide a more effective treatment.
How often should you get a facial? There are several factors to consider when gauging the length of time between facials. For example, some people want to preserve their youthful looks, while others seek to clear up acne. Deciding what your skin type is, what your skincare goals are and what you hope to achieve will be a deciding factor in how often to schedule your facials. I normally suggest once a month for most people. The reason for this is that it takes that amount of time (28 days, give or take) for the skins cells to move through a full life cycle of cell growth and make their way from the dermis to the surface of the skin, where they are naturally sloughed off. Also, to maximize the results of a facial and reap its benefits, I always discuss a good at-home skin care regimen to help maintain that beautiful glow all month long.
If you’re interested in experiencing the benefits of a facial, I would love to help you! Feel free to call Wellness Co. and schedule an appointment with me. I look forward to providing you with a relaxing and rejuvenating experience that will leave your skin looking and feeling its best.